Based in London UK. My blog consists mainly of knitting, cooking, travelling and craft stuff.....

Friday 31 August 2007

Knitted Tea Cosy

I have just invested in a new tea pot and it couldn't be better timing either. As you may or may not know, St. John's Ambulance are asking for knitters to send in their knitted tea cosies to help raise vital funds for their life saving work. The Big Tea Cosy event will be on the 30th November. Their target is 5,000 knitted cosies! Which will then be sold to raise money for the charity's crucial work. Laughing Hens have provided a cosy pattern to get you started.

I have used the 'Coffee, Tea or Me?' pattern from 'Stitch and Bitch Nation' pictured below, as a basis to get me started. Unfortunately, it was a bit too small for my tea pot, as you can see. So, i adapted the pattern to make it bigger.




Tea cosies are really easy to knit and you can be creative as you like when designing your own. I already have plans for grassy cosies covered in ladybirds....

No comments: